Each community foundation in Manitoba has their unique grant application process, timeline and requirements.
Please contact your location community foundation if you are interested in submitting a grant application. Visit our Find your Foundation.
All community foundations have similar granting criteria:
- The recipient must be a qualified grantee:
- Registered charity, with a CRA number;
- Municipal government; or
- Non-profit group with a formalized partnership with a registered charity or municipal government.
- Grant funds must be devoted to a specific project, not be used for general operations.
- The project is within the boundaries of the community foundation’s area (exceptions may apply).
- The project must benefit the residents of the community.
- The project must not be partisan or political in nature.
NOTE: These guidelines do not apply to Scholarships.
The disbursement of grant funds is controlled by the community foundation and may be dependent on project milestones, spending, reports, or any other criteria determined by the community foundation.