The 24-Hour Giving Challenge is on now!
Help your community foundation grow and your gift will be stretched, with support from The Winnipeg Foundation and the Province of Manitoba.
MissionWe are a philanthropic organization focused on building permanent endowments in order to tackle long-term community challenges as well as meeting immediate needs.
DescriptionWe are a public foundation in the Cypress River area that is independent and autonomous. The foundation is governed by a body of volunteers, usually independently appointed, which strives to represent and be accountable to the Cypress River Community. The foundation maintains a broad grants program; grantees must be “qualified donees” as defined in the Income Tax Act. The foundation is a prudent steward and investor of charitable funds, maintaining complete and accurate financial reports.
- Jim Cassels, Board Chair
- Tammy Gillis Waldon, Vice President
- Tim Klassen, Treasurer
- Yvonne De Smet, Secretary
- Anita Gillis, Director
- Janice Robidoux, Director
- Marianne Anderson, Director
- Kiera Potvin, Youth Rep
Recent Grant Recipients
- Cypress River Senior Centre $1,400 for storage shed reno’s
- Cypress River Fire Department $2,100 for fire resistant coveralls
- Cypress River Community Improvements $3,000 for school bus shelters